How to Apply
Applying to iCLA is easy through our online application system. There are different procedures depending on your admissions category as follows:
- International students can apply online. For more details, see the information for international applicants.
- Japanese students who have studied under a foreign curriculum for at least two years between grade 7-12, and meet our English language requirement of TOEFL iBT 76 (or equivalent accepted proficiency test) can also apply through our international online application system, following the same guidelines as for international applicants.
- Japanese students who have not studied under a foreign curriculum or do not meet our English language requirement, please see the details of our application process for domestic students
Applications for Fall 2019 are now closed.
Information for 2020 applications coming soon.
- Check you meet our entry requirements and are eligible to apply
- Complete the online application form and upload required documents
- Pay the application fee of ¥7,000
- Application document screening and interview
- Notification of results
|Intake||Admission Category||Application Period||Interview Period||Notification Period||Enrollment Deadline|
|Opening Date||Closing Dates*|
|Mon. Sep. 10, 2018||Tue. Nov 6, 2018||Mon. Nov. 12, 2018 – Fri. Nov.16, 2018||Thu. Nov. 22, 2018 – Mon. Nov. 26, 2018||Fri. Dec. 7, 2018|
|Returnee||Tue. Nov 27, 2018||Mon. Dec. 3, 2018 – Fri. Dec. 7, 2018||Fri.Dec.21, 2018||
|Tue. Feb 19, 2019||Tue. Feb. 26, 2019 –Thu. Feb 28, 2019||Fri. Mar. 8, 2019||Tue. Mar. 19, 2019|
|Tue. Nov 27, 2018||Mon. Nov. 12, 2018 – Fri. Dec. 7, 2018||Thu. Dec. 20, 2018 – Thu. Dec. 27, 2018||Thu. Jan 31, 2019|
|Tue. Feb 19, 2019||Fri. Feb. 1, 2019 – Thu. Feb 28, 2019||Fri. Mar. 8, 2019 – Fri. Mar 15, 2019||Fri. Apr 12, 2019|
|Tue. Apr 2, 2019||Mon. Mar. 18, 2019 – Fri. Apr 12, 2019||Mon. Apr. 22, 2019 – Fri. Apr 26, 2019||Fri. May 24, 2019|
*The application period has multiple closing dates that are connected with different periods for notification.