How to Apply
Applying to iCLA is easy through our online application system. There are different procedures depending on your admissions category as follows:
- International students can apply online. For more details, see the information for international applicants.
- Japanese students who have studied under a foreign curriculum for at least two years between grade 7-12, and meet our English language requirement of TOEFL iBT 76 (or equivalent accepted proficiency test) can also apply through our international online application system, following the same guidelines as for international applicants.
- Japanese students who have not studied under a foreign curriculum or do not meet our English language requirement, please see the details of our application process for domestic students
- Check you meet our entry requirements and are eligible to apply
- Complete the online application form and upload required documents
- Pay the application fee of ¥7,000
- Application document screening and interview
- Notification of results
|Intake||Admission Category||Application Period|
|Opening Date||Closing Dates*|
|Spring 2020||Degree-seeking students
(applicants who need a student visa)
|Mon. Sep 2, 2019||Fri. Nov 8, 2019|
(applicants who have a valid residential status*)
|Fri. Feb 14, 2020|
|Fall 2020||Degree-seeking students
|Fri. Apr 17, 2020|
・Closing date is the final deadline for each intake. The entire admissions process (application through the notification of result) will usually be completed within a maximum of 40 days.
・The deadline for payment and enrollment procedures must be completed within a maximum of 1 month of receiving your offer in order to secure a place at iCLA.
・Please see our online application system for a detailed schedule of notification and enrollment dates.
・Applicants who hold a valid residential status defined as a Japanese passport, dual nationality, permanent residency, or special permanent resident certificate holder.