Choose us as your study abroad destination! Below is a step-by-step guide to beginning your adventure at iCLA.
- Your home institution is a partner school of iCLA. List of partner institutions.
- You have completed at least one academic year at your home institution.
- You have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- You have a TOEFL score of 213 (CBT), 550 (PBT), 80 (iBT), Cambridge FCE, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.*
*Not applicable if your native language is English or if classes at your home institution are taught in English. Please consult with your international office/exchange coordinator to verify if the English language requirement is applicable to you or not. Japanese language skills are not a requirement.
2) When to Join iCLA
Provided that you meet the eligibility requirements, you can start your study at iCLA in the Spring Semester (April to August) or in the Fall Semester (September to December). You have the option of studying at iCLA either for 1 semester or 2 semesters.*
*Depending on the agreement, only 1 semester of study may be possible. Please confirm with your international office/exchange coordinator.
3) How to Apply
- Read through Information for Prospective Exchange Students.
- Download the Application Kit. Read through the directions and fill out the necessary forms and include any other documents.
- Submit all the required documents to your international office/exchange coordinator.
- Wait for the application results.
4) Important Dates
|Intake||Application & Nomination* Period||Screening Period||Result Notification||Confirmation Deadline||CoE Deadline**|
|Spring 2020||July 15 – Oct 15, 2019||Oct 16 – 23, 2019||Oct 24 – 25, 2019||Nov 4, 2019||Nov 28, 2019|
|Fall 2020||January 15 – April 15, 2020||April 16 – 22, 2020||April 23 – 24, 2020||April 30, 2020||June 1, 2020|
*Nominations should be sent at least two weeks prior to the deadline.
** CoE or “Certificate of Eligibility” is a document required for the visa process.
5) After Being Accepted
Once you’ve been accepted into the iCLA Study Abroad Program, the next step is obtaining a student visa.
The overall process can be summarized in the chart below.
Step 1 Collect & Prepare Document (Student)
Step 2 Check Documents & Apply (ICLA)
Step 3 Receive And mail Coe & Document (ICLA → Student)
Step 4 Apply For Visa (Student)
Note: More details will be provided once a student has been accepted and confirmed their study abroad participation.
Collect & Prepare Document
Check Documents & Apply
Receive And mail Coe & Document
(ICLA → Student)
Apply For Visa
Total Time: 2-3 Months (Processing time may vary depending on the country and other conditions )
Helpful Resources for Exchange Students:
Register For More Information
Receive weekly newsletter with educational
materials, new courses, most popular books
and much more!