Choose us as your study abroad destination! Below is a step-by-step guide to beginning your adventure at iCLA.
- Your home institution is a partner school of iCLA. List of partner institutions.
- You have completed at least one academic year at your home institution.
- You have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- You have a TOEFL score of 80 (iBT), 550 (iTP), Cambridge FCE, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.*
*Not applicable if your native language is English or if classes at your home institution are taught in English. Please consult with your international office/exchange coordinator to verify if the English language requirement is applicable to you or not. Japanese language skills are not a requirement.
If you are NOT a student of a iCLA’s partner institution and wish to apply for study abroad for 1 or 2 semesters at iCLA, please contact our Admission Office at email@example.com.
2) When to Join iCLA
- Spring Semester : End of March to August
- Fall Semester : End of August to December
*You have the option of studying at iCLA either for 1 semester or 2 semesters. Depending on the agreement, only 1 semester of study may be possible. Please confirm with your international office/exchange coordinator.
Incoming exchange students to iCLA may be eligible to apply for this scholarship. Selected Students will receive a monthly stipend of 80,000 yen per each full month of study at iCLA.
Amount : JPY 80,000 / month
Period : One-semester (Spring or Fall entry) – 4 months*
Two-semesters (Spring entry) – 9 months*
Two-semesters (Fall entry) – 11 months*
*This may change depending on the actual number of days of your stay at iCLA.
3) How to Apply
- Have your international office/exchange coordinator nominate you to iCLA
- Once your nomination is accepted, apply through the online application portal
What you need to complete your application
- An online account and a nomination from your home university
- Personal Statement
- iCLA courses you intend to register for
- Full name and contact details for your referees (2 required)
- Copy of biodata page of your passport
- Copy of a certificate of English language proficiency
- Copy of all post-secondary academic transcript(s) in English
4) Important Dates
|Intake||Application Deadline*||Screening Period||Result Notification||Confirmation Deadline||CoE Deadline**|
|Spring 2021||Oct 15, 2020||Oct 16 – 21, 2020||Oct 22 – 23, 2020||Nov 2, 2020||Nov 25, 2020|
|Fall 2021||April 15, 2021||April 16 – 21, 2021||April 22 – 23, 2021||April 29, 2021||May 24, 2021|
*Nominations should be sent at least two weeks prior to the deadline.
** CoE or “Certificate of Eligibility” is a document required for the visa process.
5) After Being Accepted
Once you’ve been accepted into the iCLA Study Abroad Program, the next step is obtaining a student visa.
The overall process can be summarized in the chart below.
Step 1 Collect & Prepare Document (Student)
Step 2 Check Documents & Apply (ICLA)
Step 3 Receive And mail Coe & Document (ICLA → Student)
Step 4 Apply For Visa (Student)
Note: More details will be provided once a student has been accepted and confirmed their study abroad participation.
Collect & Prepare Document
Check Documents & Apply
Receive And mail Coe & Document
(ICLA → Student)
Apply For Visa
Total Time: 2-3 Months (Processing time may vary depending on the country and other conditions )
Helpful Resources for Exchange Students:
Register For More Information
Receive weekly newsletter with educational
materials, new courses, most popular books
and much more!