Choose us as your study abroad destination! Below is a step-by-step guide to beginning your adventure at iCLA.
- Your home institution has a student exchange partnership with iCLA.
- You have completed at least one academic year at your home institution by the time of entry to iCLA.
- You have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
- You have a TOEFL score of 80 (iBT), 550 (iTP), Cambridge FCE, IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.*
*The above English requirement is exempt for students of certain partner institutions (see this list). Japanese language skills are not a requirement to study at iCLA.
If you are NOT a student of a iCLA’s partner institution and wish to apply for study abroad for 1 or 2 semesters at iCLA, please contact our Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) When to Join iCLA
- Spring Semester : End of March to August
- Fall Semester : End of August to December
*You have the option of studying at iCLA either for 1 semester or 2 semesters. Depending on the agreement, only 1 semester of study may be possible. Please confirm with your international office/exchange coordinator.
3) How to Apply
- Have your international office/exchange coordinator nominate you to iCLA
- Once your nomination is accepted, apply through the HEIapply online portal (an activation link will be sent to your e-mail address)
Required Items for Application
- An online account and a nomination from your home university
- Personal Statement
- iCLA courses you intend to register for
- Full name and contact details of one referee
- Copy of biodata page of your passport that is valid for at least one year from your intended entry to iCLA
- Copy of a certificate of English language proficiency (if applicable)
- Copy of the official academic transcript in English issued by home institution
4) Important Dates
|Intake||Nomination Deadline||Application Deadline||Result Notification||Confirmation Deadline||CoE Deadline*|
|Spring 2023||September 30, 2022||October 15, 2022||October 24, 2022||October 27, 2022||November 20, 2022|
|Fall 2023||March 31, 2023||April 15, 2023||April 24, 2023||April 27, 2023||May 15, 2023|
* CoE or “Certificate of Eligibility” is a document required for the visa process.
5) After Being Accepted
Once you’ve been accepted into the iCLA Study Abroad Program, the next step is obtaining a student visa.
The overall process can be summarized in the chart below.
Step 1 Collect & Prepare Document (Student)
Step 2 Check Documents & Apply (ICLA)
Step 3 Receive And mail Coe & Document (ICLA → Student)
Step 4 Apply For Visa (Student)
Note: More details will be provided once a student has been accepted and confirmed their study abroad participation.
Collect & Prepare Document
Check Documents & Apply
Receive And mail Coe & Document
(ICLA → Student)
Apply For Visa
Helpful Resources for Exchange Students:
Register For More Information
Receive weekly newsletter with educational
materials, new courses, most popular books
and much more!